The following rules apply to rTraction Canada, Inc. (currently operating as Ellipsis Digital) Canada’s Worst Charity Website Contest, to which the entrants are bound by entering the contest:
- For the purpose of this contest, “Charity” means any Charitable Organization registered in Canada with the CRA, excluding those registered in Quebec.
- To be eligible for this contest, the Charity must have an existing website as of February 12, 2015.
- Anyone can nominate a Charity by completing the online form at http://worstcharitywebsite.ca. Charities may nominate themselves.
- Nominations will be accepted from 12:00pm EST March 2, 2015 until 12:00pm EST on March 30, 2015.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by Ellipsis Digital. Judges will choose up to ten finalists based on the following criteria: design, copywriting, effective calls to action, site age, charity reach, search engine ranking, static HTML vs CMS, social media presence, broken links, code quality, browser support and age of existing site. Bonus points may be awarded for particularly egregious items including “under construction” messages, visible hit counters, use of blink tags, scrolling marquees, badges stating the site is “best viewed in” a specific (outdated) browser, animated mail icons, auto-playing music, intro pages or the use of Comic Sans.
- Before the finalists are announced, the Charities will be contacted by Ellipsis Digital to confirm that they wish to be entered into the contest. Only the identities of finalists who agree to enter the contest will be made public. The finalists will have their websites linked to—and their home pages displayed on—the contest site as well as through Ellipsis Digital’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, etc). The new website that results from the winner’s prize package will also be featured on the contest website, and on Ellipsis Digital’s website.
- Finalists will be announced at 9:00 am EDT on April 20, 2015.
- Anyone may vote for their selection of the worst website from 10:00am EDT on April 20, 2015 to 11:59 pm EDT on May 1, 2015. Only 1 vote per person per day is allowed.
- The winner, based on the most votes received, will be announced on May 4, 2015.
- The winner will be provided with Ellipsis Digital services (including consulting, design, programming and social media) up to a maximum value of $25,000.00 based on Ellipsis Digital’s normal rates, plus possible additions to this prize from third parties. The winner must co-operate with Ellipsis Digital’s usual processes for web design and creation. Work on the website must be completed during the 2015 calendar year. The winner must sign Ellipsis Digital’s standard customer agreement.
- Any submissions that are deemed to be contrary to these rules, incomplete, inaccurate, computer generated, inappropriate or offensive in any way, in Ellipsis Digital’s sole discretion, will be rejected. A website will be ineligible if Ellipsis Digital determines that it was modified for the purpose of being nominated for this contest. All determinations of Ellipsis Digital are final and binding.
- The prize values above are approximate, and are based on the provider’s usual rates for similar services. The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged.
- The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of nominations.
- Ellipsis Digital will make reasonable efforts to provide the prize in a timely manner to the selected winner. In the event that the prize cannot be awarded to the organization that receives the most votes as the result of a rule violation, Ellipsis Digital reserves the right to award the prize to a runner up.
- Ellipsis Digital may alter the dates contained herein at its discretion